Recycling on a tired planet!

...

Monday, November 10, 2008

Recycling and beginning






I can see this piece also from its recycling side. There are so many forgotten materials in our stash. Some even because they are too "precious" to use. There are forgotten blocks, forgotten weaved fabrics, we forget so much. The colors of most of them - in my case - are not jewel colors or pastel ones. Most of them are from an earlier time where everything was more subdued. But they are there, they are calling for having a revival in my work. They can also be a symbol of recycling because recycling is not about following the trend but setting a trend. To make something new, perhaps pioneering into a new art era.

Dieses Stück kann man von seiner Recyclingseite auch ansehen. Es sind so viele vergesserne Materialien in unserem Lager. Manche sogar, weil sie zu "kostbar" erschienen. Es gibt vergessene Blocks, vergessene Gewebe, wir vergesser so viel. Ihre Farbe - in meinem Fall - ist nicht kräftig oder pastell. Die Meisten sind erdig, von einer Zeit wo alles war dezenter. Aber sie sind da und schreien nach einer Auferstehung. Sie können auch ein Symbol für Recycling sein, da Recycling ist auch den Trend nicht zu befolgen sondern zu setzen. Etwas Neues machen, vielleicht eine neue Kunstära andeuten.

12 comments:

jude said...

nice to see all those wools together. i haven't started with my wools yet. but the weather is getting colder so i will be inspired soon.

paulahewitt said...

I wish my stash had more nuted subdues colours. I have lots if bright jewel colours - mainly because i dont like them and so never use them!

i really like your ideas of recycling and what you are doing with it - very inspiring on both counts

Sara Lechner said...

thank you for your words. I will work with these colors for some time now...

BumbleVee said...

I came over from Ati's blog.... because I saw the name feltissimo and then I found this one and then.... hahahha...well, maybe you know how it goes. I just had to keep scrolling backwards through posts to see what you do.

So far I have only felted arms, legs and other body parts with hand held needles...to make little bears.... but this flat work looks pretty interesting...

sophie philo said...

deine kreationen sind wunderschön!

sandra reynolds said...

hello,i have seen your work before.i think it is really beautiful.have a look at mu blog and maybe you might like to do a swap.

Sara Lechner said...

Dear Bumblevee, Sophie and Sandra,
thank you so much for your comments. Perhaps I organize a swap once more this year in winter...

Morna said...

Hi, Sara - the wools look good! I was at Border's Book Store today and saw your lovely angels in Quilting Arts Holiday issue - so sweet!

Ravenhill said...

Delightful... enchanting... I love how you have the little people popping out of pockets and spaces! Wonderful too to see you working with such different colors and textures.
~Emily

My Journey to Hope said...

I love this piece! It's so unique and amazing, especially since you reused other things. I'm impressed!

-Michelle

disa said...

I love it ! Very creative ! That's actually really cool Thanks.

michell ilustraciones said...

Uauuu que trabajos hermosos!!