Recycling on a tired planet!

...

Friday, July 18, 2008

Emily's Work - Emily's Tagebuch







Emily did this wonderful diary for her friend. She used things she found in the woods.

The fasteners and the inner spine are made from parts of an old show she found, she also decorated it with 3 teeth from some animal's bones (now I will scan the woods looking for this animal because they are lovely!!), a feather,...

She learned to knit just a couple of weeks ago and she knitted the cover making some bumps and details. She is so gifted and her imagination has no limits! She did all by hand because she didn't want to use the sewing machine.

Emily machte dieses wunderbare Tagebuch für ihr Freund. Sie benutzte Sachen, die sie im Wald gefunden hatte.

Der Verschluß und die Blätterbefestigung sind aus einem alten Lederschuh, der im Wald lag. Sie dekorierte auch das Stück mit 3 Zähnen von einem Tier (deren Knochen ich auch ab jetzt im Wald suchen werde! :-)), mit einer Feder, usw.

Sie hat gerade zum Stricken gelernt und hat den Deckel des Tagebuches mit verschiedenen Mustern gestrickt. Sie ist so begabt und hat eine tolle Fantasie!

Sie nähte alles mit der Hand!

19 comments:

Sue said...

Bravo, Emily! what lovely work. Your friend will love this gift.

Sara, if someone was first-time buying an embellisher, would you recommend your new one or your old one? Thanks.

Joei Rhode Island said...

Very nice...has your influence but is very original. Her friend will cherish it I'm sure.

Loved the Bunny on the other blog, too. Perfect for a two year old!

Joei
Rhode Island

karen said...

this is very beautiful.

Tricks said...

Hi Sara,
Is Emily your grand daughter? She is well on the way to following in your footsteps. How wonderful, recycling too. So important for the next generation.

Tell Emily she is very talented, wonderful work, I wish I had a friend to give me a lovely present like this.

Her friend is very lucky indeed.

art spirit said...

Very wonderful! Tell Emily we love her work! So inventive! and organic looking...

Jacky said...

Very special journal... Emily you are so talented.
Love the knitted cover and the finds from the woods.

Jackie said...

What a treasure you have in Emily!

Linda said...

Oh my gosh, it is wonderful! An inspiration!

Ahipara Girl said...

I wish someone would make me a gift like this! I keep returning to this image of this book. Of course I could make my own but never the same as being gifted something so original and handcrafted. I love the bunny soft toy too, has a lot of character already and just needs a few scuff marks and a bit of wear and tear from a happy child. Happy making Emily and Sara, I always enjoy viewing your wonderful creations.

myosotis said...

Emilys Tagebuch hat einen ganz speziellen Charme, wirkt unheimlich ansprechend, und wird sicher von dem Freund gerne benutzt werden, klasse!
Marion

Morna said...

Emily has "it" - that indefinable, wonderful way with "stuff."

Kayla coo said...

Beautiful, charming work.

herzensart journal said...

wie wunderschön und originell.

moonlady47 said...

ooooooh Emily,
How fortunate your grandchildren are to have a loving and artistic Grandmother. I just became an "Oma" (grandmother) for the first time. My little grandson, Kieran, is the love of my life. He's just 3 weeks old. I would like to learn more about your process on making the felted masks!
Many Hugs,
Cynthia
Lexington, Kentucky, USA

comfies said...

oh i love your new blog! it's lovely, such fun things to look at...

jeana said...

Hi - I'm here via Jude's blog, I really, really, love this book.

Teresa aka Tess said...

Emily did a wonderful job at creating a book that could easily be an inspiration journal. I love her style.

Morna said...

My goodness - I LOVE this little book cover now, just as much as when I saw it the first time. Thankful she did not use sewing machine - it's "handmadeness" really is wonderful, as are the little bumps! It is just wonderful. :-)

disa said...

I love it ! Very creative ! That's actually really cool Thanks.